January is almost over and I'm glad to have started some of these.
1. Complete the first two levels of Rosetta Stone - German
2. Read 25 books - Last year, I read 16 books, four short of my 20 book goal. This year I've upped it to 25 as I don't feel I read nearly as much as I should.
- The Yard by Alex Grecian
I have a couple books on the horizon for me - one will be published in Feb/March and Alex Grecian's 2nd book. I think for my next reading adventure, I'll go with something scary.
3. Spend less time on the computer in my non-working hours
4. Maintain the blog with regular posts - I've come up with a tentative schedule for postings, but it is still a work in progress.
5. Go through the Digital SLR for Dummies book and improve my photography skills.
6. Continue to photograph Gimli and Merida.
7. Lose 20 lbs. - Last year, I struggled with this and am struggling with it again as the year begins. I was doing well, then I stopped exercising and all the progress I did was lost.
January 31 2014
- down 4 lbs to 144
- lost an inch
- I've been working out my arms and they look a bit better. Not chiseled or anything, but you can see the muscle start to take shape.
8. Finish painting our house - We have 3 bedrooms to paint this year.
9. Frame and put up our pictures.
Have gotten the layout for 2 rooms so far. Working on the living room next.
10. Go to The Arboretum at least once a month - weather permitting.
11. Discover local restaurants/bistros etc in my city or in the surrounding areas.
12. Take more pictures of Mike and me.
13. Enjoy our backyard.
14. Surprise someone.
15. Put in more flowers/shrubs etc in the yard
16. Move off of "Medium" on the drums in Rock Band and to "Hard".
17. Complete the Minas Tirith 3D puzzle
18. Take up running. I'm nowhere close to the point of doing a 5k of straight running, but it's something I want to do. The ultimate goal is to do one of the RunDisney events at the parks.
19. Put in a smaller garden in the backyard.
20. Organize the spare bedroom so it actually looks like a bedroom and not a place to shove "stuff".
21. Scan in our baby pictures.
22. Start putting together our Disney album.
23. Start cooking more Trinidad type food.
24. Work on the corgis' recall.
25. Travel to a new place.
26. More to come...
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Friday, January 24, 2014
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Monday, January 20, 2014
1. I've been working on exercising and losing weight. I intended to start at the beginning of the year, but the cold and loss of appetite around Christmas time exacerbated my weight loss. So far, I've lost 4 lbs and roughly 1 inch.
2. Merida likes to watch television. She seems to prefer animal shows because she can focus on the animal and watch it move across the screen - ie lions, dogs and bears. She doesn't actually bark at the tv, but she will run up to it and stare.
Gimli doesn't really care about the tv, I don't think he pays much attention to it, if at all.
3. I've started walking the dogs on the street. The sidewalks are too crazy and I lost one of the grips for my boots. The streets at least have a bit more traction on them and it's a bit safer.
4. We've started giving Gimli a bedtime cookie because he seems to have an upset tummy in the mornings. It seems to be helping and he's more eager than ever to go to bed... I wonder why?
5. Some wise ass decided to trademark the word "Candy". Does this mean I'll have to change my nickname? What about the blog name? Will I have to pay for the rights to use MY OWN NAME? I always thought "Candy" was in the public domain - sort of like "Happy Birthday"? If Mike wants to say: "Happy Birthday Candy!", does he have to get permission first?
I question these things because it makes no sense whatsoever.
Friday, January 17, 2014
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Apologies for the lateness, but 2013 was:
Gimli glowed in the rising sun
I went to Trinidad
Gimli and I found the red wubba buried in the snow
Gimli went looking for his dog friend
My dwarf went under snow
I tossed a dwarf!
Gimli won the best smile contest!
Gimli wanted bar service
Gimli posed with Bombur the Squishable
Gimli thought he could hide under Mike's wheelchair
We had an ice storm and lost one of our branches
Gimli borrowed the neighborhood children's chalk and left his mark.
Gimli met a lovely Greyhound
We met a lovely little puppy
Learned how to pounce
Sat next to her big brother
The corgis learned to line up
Gimli reminded us how to smile
Merida told me what she thought of my bra
Gimli turned 5 years old!
Gimli and I went to the Arboretum on our own
They met a new friend!
They didn't go swimming.
Merida got to see her sister!
We walked in the Bark for Life to raise money for Cancer
The corgis shared a toy
Merida lost a few teeth
The corgis posed with the pumpkins
Mike went as Carl
I dressed as Isabella for Halloween
A praying mantis showed up in our yard
Merida was a bad little puppy
Merida had her first taste of snow