About Us

Monday, October 17, 2011

Two Corgis or Not Two Corgis, That is the Question.

Mike and I have been going back and forth trying to decide if a second corgi is in our future.

On the one hand, we (I) am crazy excited at the prospect of another corgi.  A small little puppy that can fit in the crook of my arm as I carry it downstairs.  A small puppy to cuddle with.  A small puppy to take pictures of and track growth like what we did with Gimli.  Lots of training to avoid the mistakes we made with Gimli.  Oh, the fun to be had with a corgi puppy!

On the other hand, we are apprehensive.  How will Gimli behave with a new dog?  How will we be able to give each the attention they deserve?  Will the puppy pick up Gimli's resource guarding and then we have to deal with two possessive little monsters?  What will happen when we have to go away?  Taking care of one is easier than two.

So many questions and the unknown.  And, its unfair to the dog to take it in and then what happens if it doesn't work out?

Another thing that has me a little nervous is that I don't have the feeling yet.  I had the "feeling" with Gimli because there were so many signs pointing to "yes".  This time, there's very little signs and I think that's probably due to the many questions we have.

When we were on vacation at the end of September, I dreamt of a corgi puppy.  A cute little red headed tri-color puppy with a little spot on its head, perfect for kisses.  This puppy was for me.  I don't know what this means, but I told Mike that if Gimli's breeder, (who has a litter on the way), has a puppy that fits that description, I won't be able to help myself.

Here's what a red headed tri-color corgi looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment