About Us

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

5 things going on in this house - March

Argh, I've had a headache for most of the day and nothing's helping. I'm going to go hide under the covers soon.

So, what have we been up to this month?

1. It's been deathly cold this winter and that's turned us into hermits. We've done nothing but hide inside, away from the minus double digit temperatures.  This is also why there haven't been many posts - nothing's really going on around here.

2. Gimli has learned how to open his crate from the outside. I have no idea where he learned to do this, we never showed him. His crate has a sliding latch to it and he'll put his nose under the sliding part and slowly ratchet it across until it opens. Then, he'll remove his Mr. Sun toy and play with it... until Merida steals it away and he sits and cries.

3. I watched the movie, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and that's convinced me to start juicing. I'm not doing a total juice fast because I love bacon far too much. So far we've been juicing about once a day. I tried the Mean Green Juice and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I did have to add in an extra apple and reduce the celery. I juiced an orange yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of juice extracted and the difference in the taste. Especially the orange juice - it was sweet but a different sweet than the orange juice from the bottle. It's a little scary the amount of sugar in the bottled juices.

In terms of feeling different, I don't. I don't think we've been juicing enough to see a difference just yet. We're still working out a schedule - ie juice for lunch or a main part of dinner.

My one pet peeve is that the juicer can be a nuisance to keep clean, especially if you are juicing multiple times a day. I'm sure this will work itself out once we arrive at a good schedule.

4. My exercising has been up and down this month. My arms look great! My stomach not so much. I damaged/bruised/messed up my tailbone and my usual stomach exercises have been causing me pain. It's slowly getting better, but I don't want to over do it. I'm building up my repertoire of different stomach exercises that don't require me to put undue stress on my tailbone.

In related news, Spring is slowly coming and that means we'll be able to start on our running!

5. Merida continues to be a spitfire. She's started doing this "jumping/front feet dance" thing when she's excited. It's kinda like a precursor to the Sparky Kibble dance, but not quite. If she's in a good mood and I start jumping in front her, she'll break into this jumping thing... almost like she wants to jump with me! It's very cute.

It's hard to believe she will be one in a couple weeks. I fully subscribe to the notion that puppies need to stay puppies for at least two years, none of this year old business.

Gimli will be 6 years old this August. Don't even get me started on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment