About Us

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fashionista?

The other day, Merida came running into the office with one of my socks that I thought I had put into the laundry basket.  I took it away from her and figured it had fallen from my hands and she found it.  After that incident, I made sure not to leave any clothing on the floor or within her reach.

Yesterday, I heard a couple thumps and I assumed it was one of the neighbors closing car doors, except it wasn't.  Merida had figured out how to tip over the laundry basket, steal another sock and tip it back!  Sheesh, I took it away from her again.

This evening, I had her in the bathroom with me while I showered.  She was dozing, so I figured it would be ok to leave my clothes on the floor with her.  She doesn't really chew or destroy the clothes, just lies on them and plays with them.

Well... until she told me exactly what she thought of my bra....


I exited the shower and saw it perched there.

A short while later, I opened the door to our bedroom and she disappeared around the corner.  I figured she'd doze off under the bed, except, nope, she was up to mischief again.

I just happened to look into the bedroom to see her climb onto the pillow on the floor and then hop INTO the laundry basket.


I don't even...

I don't know how she learned she could hop in and out of the basket.  I never taught her and neither did Mike.  Gimli sure as hell didn't teach her as he cannot fit into the basket anymore!

This girl is smarter than the average dog.  It's going to be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Silly little Merida! Gwen likes to pull socks out of the laundry hamper through the holes in the sides. Then she hoards them under the bed and in the deep crevices of her stinky dog bed. She likes Andrew's socks better than mine (must be stinkier) too. haha

    I wonder if it is a girl corgi thing to steal clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. Gimli's a shoe man - any type - sneakers, boots, slippers, while Merida just likes the laces lol. She hasn't figured out how to pull the socks from the holes in the sides, though she did see a sock hanging from the sock drawer and I could see her wondering if she could grab it. She got distracted though and forgot about it.

      Merida's stolen mostly my items - socks and my sports bra. She stole Mike's sock once. We're ok with it for now, so long as she just plays and doesn't destroy lol.

      Delete