About Us

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Irish cupcakes

The other day a recipe for "Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes" graced my Facebook feed. I showed it to Mike and he decided he wanted to have it for his birthday celebration. I thought this was odd as he's not a fan of chocolate, but I guess all those years of being around chocolate on account of my influence is starting to rub off.

This past Saturday, I gathered the ingredients and got down to work. Here is the finished product, complete with shamrock cupcake cups, since it's close to St. Patrick's Day.


Surprisingly, the Guinness in the cake wasn't overpowering. The Baileys frosting was nice as well, not too sweet. However, the ganache left much to be desired. It solidified in the center of the cakes and became a chocolate blob. I suppose I thought it would be more like whipped cream and airy and less like a thick ganache. Next time, I'll omit it entirely or use chocolate whipped cream.

The recipe made 24 cupcakes, we were left with 2. And those final two were eaten on Sunday.


Sláinte!

No comments:

Post a Comment