About Us

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Short runs with short legs

Since we returned from the RunDisney event in January, I've done very little running. I've exercised a little on the stationary bike and on the TreadClimber, but nothing like when we were training for January. To that end, I've been itching for Spring to arrive so I could get out onto the roads.



Today, I took the corgis running. Not too far and not both at the same time, but it was just up the street and back, then down a hill and back. In total, about 1 kilometer.

Our house sits on one end of the street, so I took Merida with me and we ran from our house all the way to the end of the block. The run back up the street was easy enough. We turned around and came back, after she stopped to sniff and do her stuff. Running back was ok, until she got distracted and I had to stop suddenly.

I dropped her off and took Gimli with me next down the hill, which was another block. He got into it, I think he forgot that he's allowed to run sometimes on our walks. He ran with me all the way down the hill and probably would have run all the way up, except I stopped halfway. My lack of running since January caught up with me.

It wasn't my best, but it did feel good to get out and run, if even for a little bit.

I have self assigned a RunKeeper 5k training plan that is supposed to start on Sunday. Hopefully, there's no snow and I can get out and start the plan. I've told myself that I want to be able to run a 5k this year and this is the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment