About Us

Friday, April 29, 2011

Hail Britannia!

I fell asleep somewhere between 10 and 11 pm last night.  I figured I wouldn't get much sleep and I was right.  I think I was up every hour or so, checking the time and wondering if I should get up now or try to go back to a fitful sleep of paranoia.

Finally, I woke around 4 am, took a shower and came downstairs.

Of course, I'm talking about William and Catherine's wedding.

I don't know if I would call myself a Royal watcher per se, but I do like to follow The Queen, especially and perhaps I'll start following William and Catherine from now on.

I suppose it all started when I was a child back in Trinidad and Queen Elizabeth II paid a state visit.  My dad took me out of school, we raced to a particular spot where he knew the royal motorcade would pass and we waited.  I climbed out of the car in my blue and white school uniform and waited until this car passed and I saw this smiling and waving woman pass by.

I also remember watching a simulcast when I was a child of Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding, since I was only a few months old at the time of their actual wedding, (do the math!), and I also remember Prince Andrew's and Sarah Ferguson's wedding.

Sadly, I remember hearing of Diana's death and watching the funeral.

However, today, is a happy day and I'm jealous happy for William and Catherine.  I feel they will be responsible for bringing the monarchy into step.  They will bridge the gap between The Queen's brand and form a brand more in tune with today's youth.

Huzzah!

btw, have you seen Catherine's wedding dress and Pippa's dress?  I need to find a replica Pippa's dress, its beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment