About Us

Friday, July 13, 2012

Chasing the sun

Our flight to Germany left around 11 pm EST and by the time we landed in Frankfurt, it was around 2 pm Germany time.  This meant the flight was overnight and I feared I'd have trouble sleeping.

I'm a nervous flyer and usually cannot sleep on planes, but I was determined to give it a try.  I did doze for about an hour, but that's about it.  I sat in the darkened cabin looking around at the other people all snoring away and sighed.

Eventually I was able to open the window shade and this piece of inspiration struck me:

As I write this it's 2.35 am EST.  We've been in the air since 11.35 pm and I figure we're flying over the Atlantic Ocean.  We have about four hours left before we land in Frankfurt and I've slept for maybe an hour since 7 am on 6/30.

The Air Transat fight has been good so far - we got a snack around 12 am and the "club class" seats are roomy, but not that comfy.  This is an older plane so I'm sure that has something to do with it. The neck pillow I have only makes my neck hurt, which is probably why I am awake now.

It's funny, I was attempting to sleep when my eyes snapped open to see the view outside my window.





Clouds and peace and the sense that the world goes on irrespective of what's going on with those silly humans.  Makes you feel like all the conflict and greed and so on aren't worth it in the grand scheme of things.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful stunning view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a lovely sight and calming in a strange way. :)

      Delete