Currently at 70% complete.
1. Take a trip to Germany - Mike and I went and we had the best time! You can see all the posts here: Germany posts.
2. Learn German - started my Rosetta Stone classes. I am now on Unit 2, with about 6 more units that I want to complete before we go to Germany. - I really fell off of the classes in general. I want to start them up again in the Fall/Winter and complete all the classes.
3. Attempt a conversation, while speaking only German, with someone in Germany. - While this didn't totally happen, I was able to order tea & coffee at breakfast, hot chocolate while we were on the ferry and milk for our tea. I was quite happy that I could pull off even this little bit of German and so I'm going to continue learning in the Fall.
4. Continue to read, 10 books to start - I've finished 8 books so far. I will surpass my goal of 10 books and so I'll increase it once I've hit 10. I've been reading the Game of Thrones series, trying to fit it in just before I go to sleep. I'm on book 3 now. I did finish a book while on vacation, so I'm up to 9 complete.
5. Maintain the blog with regular posts - Trying. I find if I can schedule certain posts, then it makes things much easier to manage. I fell off on this one too, argh.
6. Deal with the symptoms of stopping the medication. Note, it’s nothing life threatening or anything like that, so don't worry :). Booked an appointment but because of my 2nd ailment, cannot start this task yet. Later in the year though, I'll be able to start.
7. Continue to brush Gimli and keep up his teeth brushing - regular brushing, yes. Teeth brushing is slowly getting better.
8. Continue to photograph Gimli and all of his antics. - Working on it.
9. Come up with a proper backup system for all my pictures. - Working on it.
10. Incorporate more fruits & veggies to our diet. - Trying, I'm finding this is going to take multiple trips to the supermarket each week to replenish our fruit supply. I've also switched up my eating habits, I only eat bread once a day at breakfast. For lunch, I usually eat a combination of fruits - whatever we have on hand at the time.
11. Lose 10 lbs. - I have lost 3 lbs so far and gained more muscle. I don't know if I will end up losing 10 lbs mainly because I've been at the same weight for a while, but I'm now able to fit into pants that I stopped wearing in October. (SCORE!) I am switching focus to toning my arms, back and muffin top and decreasing work on the Treadclimber to 3 days a week. I'm continuing to work out, I have started on the muffin top, doing various core exercises - about 100 reps a day and am starting to see some results.
12. Evaluate and decide if I need to lose an additional 5 lbs. - We will see, I'm not married to that figure on the scale and because muscle is heavier than fat, so long as I can get back to wearing my clothes, I'm good.
13. Maintain my exercise regimen - so far, so good.
14. Paint our house - We have finally picked out our downstairs colors and are looking for a painter. We painted our bathroom a few weeks ago. I don't have any after pictures yet because I'm waiting to get and our mirrors framed, then it will be complete. Downstairs painting starts next week!
15. Frame and put up our pictures. -This will happen once we have painted.
16. Go to The Arboretum at least once a month - weather permitting - this did not happen in January, February due to the strange weather. Gimli and I went to the Arboretum this past weekend for the Dog Jog. The three of us went over the May long weekend and had a good time. Later in the summer we'll go back for a picnic.
17. Discover local restaurants/bistros etc in my city or in the surrounding areas.
18. Go to Winterlicious or Summerlicious. - We went to Summerlicious and had a lovely time. It's a shame though, the restaurant is about an hour and a half away and due to the distance we won't be going back.
19. Make a snow animal of some kind - Tried, but then Gimli destroyed it. It's looking like it will have to be done next winter.
20. Get a massage(s) at the spa. - Done!
21. Take more pictures of Mike and me.
22. Return to the Church. Something is missing in my life and that might be it.
23. Enjoy our backyard.
24. Decide on the color scheme, proper design for the blog. I've been indecisive and I just want something that's me and something where I won't want to change it in another few months - Changed the color scheme and I really like that picture of Gimli. I think this is it!
25. Surprise someone. - Surprised Mike with his Valentine's Day present, read about it here: Guest Post by Mike.
26. Make a pie.
New 27. Reach out to Gimli's breeder to put ourselves on the list for corgi #2. - She responded and we are on the list. She wants to breed one of Gimli's cousins later this year. I am very hopeful for the Fall!
28. Get some professional pictures done of Mike, Gimli and I. - We had pictures taken of us a few weeks ago. They came out great, am looking for a scanner so I can show them here.
29. On that note, Boudoir Photography! - I had the pictures done a couple weeks ago. It was great fun and we're going to see the pictures this week.
30. Plant some flowers in the front and back yards to bring in some color. - Planted some flowers in the front, they seem to be doing well :).
31. Zombie walk.
32. The B&B in Niagara Falls, this one is also for you Mike. - This is not happening. Am very sad and disappointed and quite frankly, pissed off, that we lost this free(!!) opportunity.
33. Photography course.
34. Kick Mike in the butt when he starts to waver on certain things.
35. Move off of "Medium" on the drums in Rock Band and to "Hard".
36. Start cooking more Trinidad type food.
37. Spend less time on the computer in my non-working hours. I'd rather fall asleep with a book in my hand than be sleepy sitting at the computer and unable/unwilling to leave it. - I'm getting better at this, but not as fast as I'd like.
38. Go to bed earlier.
39. Do the Dog Jog again with Gimli - It was this past March, check it out here: 2nd Annual Dog Jog.
40. Work on Gimli's recall at the Dog Park - We were able to take him out last week to work on his recall and he did quite well. He followed me all around the park and was very quick to run back especially because I had cookies. We have more practice to put in, but he's a smart doggie and will pick it up quickly.
41. Take Gimli to the play class at Bold Canine - looking like Fall.
42. Work on Gimli's possessiveness. - We started this a week ago and I'm already seeing results. He still has moments where he becomes "stupid" and obsesses over a particular item, but he's starting to realize that he cannot go after items the way he used to, that everything belongs to us. I can see the wheels spinning in his head as he chooses to behave and it makes me incredibly happy that we're finally making strides in this area! We are not out of the woods yet, but Gimli has shown little regressing and I can see him thinking about what to do much faster than before.
43. Work on Gimli's listening skills when guests arrive. - We've started putting him in his crate and then letting him out when guests arrive. We find he's much more subdued and he quiets down much faster.
44. Take Gimli for a herding instinct test?
45. Complete the Minas Tirith 3D puzzle - Started the puzzle.
46. A Mini Cooper?
47. Head back to Las Vegas - going in September
48. Go to Disneyland and California Adventure - going in September
49. Go to Woofstock's High Tea event - The three of us went, you can read about it here: High Tea
50. Did my first ever interview about Gimli. - You can read about it here: High Tea.
51. Go to Woofstock - We didn't go this year. I had the flu and on account of the heat and so on we decided not to go. Perhaps next year.
52. Scan in Mike's baby pictures.
53. Start putting together our Disney album.
54. Take Gimli for ice cream. Well, Mike and I go out for ice cream and take Gimli with us so we can sit outside with him. - We took Gimli just recently for his birthday. He got some melted ice cream and of course wanted more.