One of my readers requested a copy of the Skillet Chocolate Chip recipe.
Skillet Chocolate Chip cookie
6 tbl unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup AP flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp coarse salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars with a wooden spoon.
3. Stir in egg and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Stir in chips.
6. Transfer to a 10 inch cast iron skillet, smooth top of the cookie.
7. Bake until cookie is golden brown and just set in the center - about 18-20 minutes.
8. Let cool 5 minutes.
- I didn't have enough chocolate chips, so I included walnuts.
- The dough becomes quite sticky when you're mixing it and placing it into the pan.