About Us

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We're going to need a bigger boat.

While its not my favorite movie, (I don't have one), but Jaws is one of those movies that I watch whenever I catch it on television.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen it, but trust me, its plenty.  I can't remember when I first saw Jaws, but it was when I was an adult.  My first foray into the Jaws franchise was Jaws: The Revenge, which I saw as a child.  Yes, that abomination that subconsciously preached that a great white shark could track a plane from Amity all the way to The Bahamas.  Yes, didn't you know they had a built in tracker?

Anyways, if you've ever seen that movie, you might remember in the first scene the shark attacks, Sean Brody, the police officer on a boat while in the background you hear carolers singing, The First Noel.  To this day, when I hear that song I think of that scene.  Christmas and a bloody shark attack where a man's arm is taken off, then he's eaten...

Because when I become interested in a topic, I have to consume everything about it, I've subsequently seen the rest of the Jaws movies, including the 3D version set at Sea World and I've read the original Peter Benchley novel.  I credit the Jaws franchise for my interest in great whites and one day I'd like to go to South Africa to see them up close... if I ever have the guts to actually get into the water with those magnificent creatures.

Last Friday, we caught up with some friends of ours to watch Jaws on the big screen.  Some 35 years after the original premiered, (I wasn't born yet), I was able to watch it on the big screen.  In a word, awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment