About Us

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our tree

Many years ago, when Mike and I first went to Walt Disney World together, (2003), we decided we wanted to have something we could bring home that would remind us of the trip.

Even though we weren't married or had homes of our own at the time, we decided on Christmas ornaments.  And on these ornaments we would try to get a date stamped on it so as time wore on we could have a timeline of our trips.

This year, as I was trimming the tree, I realized we have many Disney ornaments, in addition to the standard solid colors you can find at the store.

Here are some of my favorites.


From 2005, from their Victorian collection, which Disney continues to market today.

From 2006, our honeymoon


From 2008, the year we brought Gimli home

From 2011, to match the birthday cake I got for Mike's 40th.

From our most recent trip to celebrate the Magic Kingdom's 40th.


These two don't coincide with any trip, but they are two of my favorite characters so I had to get these ladies.

And of course, our tree.  The angel at the top is starting to look a little ratty, but I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement.  In there store there are plenty of Santa tree toppers, but seeing as I'm not a big fan of Santa Claus in general, something about an older gentleman seeing children whenever he wants to doesn't sit well with me.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your tree! :) It's lovely! Michael's craft store carries some tree top angels I think..I found a nice one at Goodwill once too. Thanks for popping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do that too, getting ornaments as souvenirs from places we travel! Every place interesting that we go on a trip we pick up an ornament. This year is the first year we are able to actually put them all on a tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat! I've always loved that idea! Are you at the stage yet where you have more travel ornaments than regular ornaments? We joke around that we're going to need a 2nd smaller tree soon.

      Delete