About Us

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Royal Mail

Earlier in the year, I mailed a letter to HM Queen Elizabeth II to celebrate her 85th birthday.  I included a picture of Gimli, this one, and I sent congratulations to Their Highnesess William and Catherine on their impending marriage.



I mailed it off and promptly went on vacation.

We returned and weeks passed until sometime in late May, I checked the mail to find an strange looking letter in the mailbox.  The envelope paper was different and heavy.  I had an inkling and my heart skipped a little.

I pulled it out and flipped through the remaining mail and my heart nearly stopped when I saw the post mark from Buckingham Palace and the seal of Queen Elizabeth II.



The letter was merely a form letter thanking me for the photograph and for our well wishes.  However, I don't mind.  I never thought anything would come of it and I'm glad I wrote to her.

I have a mind to frame the letter and the envelope, but until I can find a suitable place for it, it will reside here, on my desk and close to my eyes as a gentle reminder of what is possible if you only try.

No comments:

Post a Comment