About Us

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

It finally happened

There's no mistaking it, corgis are short.  Gimli stands about 11 inches from his toes to his shoulder and his head is maybe 12 or 13 inches tall.  Because corgis are short, people often mistake the fact that underneath all that hair and fluff, there lives a small tank.  A small tank that packs a mighty punch.

Before we left for vacation, I had a hair appointment one early Saturday morning.  Off I went and when I returned home, I came into the house and Gimli was uncharacteristically missing from the door to greet me.  I went into the kitchen to drop off my purse and then I heard it.

Mike's voice from upstairs: "Wait."

Gimli looking at him with big brown eyes.

Mike's voice from upstairs: "Ok, go."

To which I heard the thundering of paws racing down the stairs.  I crouched down and waited the 5 seconds it takes for Gimli to arrive, when he came charging at me and knocked me over.  I never thought Gimli would be strong enough to knock me over, but he did.

I fell onto my butt with corgi kisses going everywhere and me laughing.  Of course, when I laugh, Gimli acts sillier, which makes me laugh even more.

I love this dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment