About Us

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sigh

I witnessed two separate negative human-dog interactions this week and I really need something to take my mind off of them. I'm not going to go into it, but suffice it to say: there are better methods of correcting a dog's misbehavior. I'm going to leave it there.

I came home after walking my two and told Mike that I didn't want to live on this planet anymore. I told him that I wanted to go live someplace else that had a strong internet signal so I could at least a) work and b) stay connected to people without actually having to be surrounded by people.

I know, it makes no sense, but it was a knee-jerk reaction to behavior that I'd only ever seen on television.

I know how frustrating it is when your dog doesn't listen. When you thought you were making progress, but you've slipped. Trust me, I know. I know how the frustration builds because of it. I also know that this frustration stems from a miscommunication between human and dog and it's no more the dog's fault than it is the human's.

In these instances, it's best to stop and walk away - literally and figuratively. Try again later or another day.

To take my mind off of things, I'm posting the pictures that I adore, that make me laugh, and make me grateful.


































No comments:

Post a Comment