About Us

Monday, August 25, 2014

5 things - August edition

It's August and it's almost over...

1. One of the bigger things going on is that Mike's having all 4 of his wisdom teeth extracted on Wednesday. He's a little apprehensive, but I'm sure he'll be fine. He's had plenty of surgeries over the years and I'm sure he'll do well with the anesthesia. I just hope he doesn't have any issues with his brittle bones and his jaw bone.

2. My running efforts hit a large bump in the road this month. At the beginning of the month, I was sidelined with an injury - shin splints and an extremely sore calf muscle. I took about 2 weeks off of running entirely and focused on massaging my legs and stretching every day. In lieu of runs, I rode the exercise bike, which helped to get *some* cardio in, at least.

Last week was the first week where I was able to get out. I had planned to be finished or nearly finished with the 9 week couch to 5k plan by this time, but I'm just starting the week 5 plan. I'm disappointed, but there's not much else to be done. I didn't want to push myself and cause more harm and in so doing put the 5 and 10 k runs in jeopardy.

I was out for a run this morning and today's plan kicked my ass, but I felt good afterwards. I was starting to fear I'd fall behind and with Autumn on its way, I wanted to be a little further in the distance. Once the snow starts to fall, we'll have to find an indoor track - with my luck I fall on the ice and then I'm really stuck!

I'm up to 3 intervals of running for 5 minutes. Provided I stay the course, the adjusted schedule to be doing a 5k is a month from today.

3. I'm losing weight again, slowly. I have to resist the urge to go try on items in my closet because I'm not yet at my goal and I'm not in the mood for disappointment. I'll get there in time, I just have to be patient.

4. On the farm behind our house, the farmer has planted corn. When I look outside, it's corn as far as the eye can see.



It can be a little scary at times, especially when you're in the backyard at night and all you can hear is the rustling of the corn and your imagination takes hold.

5. The corgis have been enjoying the Summer, though I haven't yet had them in the wading pool. I think I will rectify this over the long weekend.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment