About Us

Thursday, April 9, 2015

First speed run

I've been doing the Runkeeper 5k training plan and tonight's run was my first ever speed run. It was 8 intervals of a minute of fast running and 90 seconds of slow walking.

To say that I'm tired now is an understatement.

The first minute, I thought my calves were going to explode. It was all I could do to hold on until the walking interval. I honestly thought the program on my phone was malfunctioning because that minute felt like forever. Then, it seemed like I was walking for just a few seconds before I had to start running again.

This was difficult, but I made it through. I keep telling myself that soon I'll be running the 5k from start to finish, but right now that doesn't seem possible.

Tomorrow is another day, not another run though - that's Saturday.

I don't think I'm at this level... yet, but I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment