About Us

Monday, December 8, 2014

5 things - December edition

1. I'm fighting a cold/flu/plague/disease of some kind. I have a scratchy throat and I feel ill, but not ill enough to take a sick day. It's quite frustrating, in that I cannot exert myself because then I become tired quite quickly. I didn't put in a run today, unfortunately, but I did some time on the TreadClimber.

I'm counting that as a win!

2. Merida has turned the corner on her UTI. The last dose of medicine is tomorrow morning. She's feeling better almost back to normal. She's still upset though, all her snow has melted away.

Maybe she'll get a white Christmas.

Gimli continues to look for his ducks when we go for walks, even though the ducks have been brought inside. If I even ask him about the duckies, he remembers and we have to go see them.

He's a silly bear, this one.



3. My birthday was last week and I felt quite special this time around. It's the first birthday I get to spend with Merida - last year, we were away. I took the day off and wandered around a local candy shop, had a large breakfast, and spent time with Mike and the corgis.

4. I'm planning to do the 12 days of Christmas again this year, but I'll be adding drinks to it as well. We'll see how that goes :)

5. I haven't yet seen the Muppet Family Christmas special on tv. This is one of the programs that gets me into that Christmas mood, plus it has the Muppets from Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, and Muppet Babies.

Mike and I are quite different when it comes to Christmas specials - he likes the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus is Coming to Town, while I don't care for those.

I prefer the Muppets, the Blackadder Christmas Carol, and Mickey's Christmas Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment