About Us

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hair today, gone tomorrow

I've had the same hairstyle for the past 10 years, perhaps more.  Black hair parted down the center, sort of like Morticia Addams, in varying lengths.

When I turned 30, it was like a light switch went off in my head.  All of a sudden I wanted to do things that I never did before and I started craving change.  Changing my hair was no different.

I hummed and hawed over the design. With my face shape, I didn't want to do the Pixie hair cut because I'd look like I was all face and no hair.  Not Good.  I didn't want to do a Bob either because my hair has a tendency to frizz and curl and it wouldn't look good with a Bob.  I also didn't want bangs.  I stayed away from them when I was a kid because all the clique-y girls had them and I wasn't going to be one of them.

I went to the Salon a few weeks ago and had a chat with the stylist.  She recommended I keep some length, but put in some layers to give it some shape as opposed to the straight cut across the bottom.  She agreed with me that the Pixie, Bob and bangs wouldn't suit me.

When asked why I had the same hair for so long, I responded that I was lazy, which is the truth.  I own a hair dryer, a comb, a round brush and a regular brush for my hair, scrunchies, alligators, which is my speak for hair clamps, and headbands.  That's it.  I rarely use hair spray or mousse.  I use gel or a frizz gel when I want to keep my fly away hair from moving in a direction.

Finally, the stylist and I decided to put slight layers in, which, unfortunately you cannot see in the after picture below.  Trust me, its there.

However, I still feel like something's missing.  I think when I go back for a trim, I'll talk to her about color.  Not my entire head, but maybe highlights or something.



No comments:

Post a Comment