About Us

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Things to do for 2012 - January update

Can you believe we are at the end of January?  Already?  Where has this month gone?

1. Take a trip to Germany - going in July!
2. Learn German - started my Rosetta Stone classes.
3. Attempt a conversation, while speaking only German, with someone in Germany.
4. Continue to read, 10 books to start - I've finished 5 books so far.  I will surpass my goal of 10 books and so I'll increase it once I've hit 10.
5. Maintain the blog with regular posts - Trying.
6. Deal with the symptoms of stopping the medication. Note, it’s nothing life threatening or anything like that, so don't worry :).
7. Continue to brush Gimli and keep up his teeth brushing - regular brushing, yes. Teeth brushing, needs work.
8. Continue to photograph Gimli and all of his antics.
9. Come up with a proper backup system for all my pictures.
10. Incorporate more fruits & veggies to our diet.
11. Lose 10 lbs. - Have lost 2 lbs so far and have started gaining muscle in the process.  Some of my pants are starting to fit - not to the point where I can wear them, but to the point where I can button them comfortably.
12. Evaluate and decide if I need to lose an additional 5 lbs.
13. Maintain my exercise regimen - so far, so good.
14. Paint our house - we picked up some samples yesterday and have painted various areas downstairs.  We are pretty confident on these colors, but are checking just to be on the safe side.
15. Frame and put up our pictures.
16. Go to The Arboretum at least once a month - weather permitting - this did not happen in January, hoping for February!
17. Discover local restaurants/bistros etc in my city or in the surrounding areas.
18. Go to Winterlicious or Summerlicious.
19. Make a snow animal of some kind - this is going to be difficult because we've had sporadic snow this winter.
20. Get a massage(s) at the spa.
21. Take more pictures of Mike and me.
22. Return to the Church. Something is missing in my life and that might be it.
23. Enjoy our backyard.
24. Decide on the color scheme, proper design for the blog.  I've been indecisive and I just want something that's me and something where I won't want to change it in another few months - thinking of going to just plain white background and clean lines, we'll see though.
25. Surprise someone.
26. Make a pie.
27. Reach out to the Rescue organization to see if there are any corgis, with a spot on its head, that need a good home with a corgi obsessed woman - E-mail sent, but nothing yet.  Would have been nice to receive some sort of response saying, "I got your email, no corgis yet", sort of thing.
28. Get some professional pictures done of Mike, Gimli and I.
29. On that note, Boudoir Photography!
30. Plant some flowers in the front and back yards to bring in some color.
31. Zombie walk.
32. The B&B in Niagara Falls, this one is also for you Mike, still waiting :P.
33. Photography course.
34. Kick Mike in the butt when he starts to waver on certain things.
35. Move off of "Medium" on the drums in Rock Band and to "Hard".
36. Start cooking more Trinidad type food.
37. Spend less time on the computer in my non-working hours.  I'd rather fall asleep with a book in my hand than be sleepy sitting at the computer and unable/unwilling to leave it.
38. Go to bed earlier.
39. Do the Dog Jog again with Gimli - signed up!
40. Work on Gimli's recall at the Dog Park.
41.  Take Gimli to the play class at Bold Canine.
42. Work on Gimli's possessiveness.
43. Work on Gimli's listening skills when guests arrive.
44. Take Gimli for a herding instinct test?
45. Complete the Minas Tirith 3D puzzle.
46. A Mini Cooper?
47. Head back to Las Vegas.
48. Go to Disneyland and California Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment