2009 was dreadful. Aside from the good things - attended 2 weddings, bought and moved into our current house, saw Metallica there were these...
Underwent the stress of selling and moving to the in-laws, living with the in-laws for 3 lovely months, a full year of Mike's unemployment, shouldering the finances and the stress of being the sole bread winner, work suffering as a result of all these factors, plus the beginning of my migraines, which would occur sometimes 2 or 3 times a week, attending 2 funerals.
When 2010 rolled around, I was glad. Glad to close the book on that year and move onto a new year of hopeful possibilities.
What 2009 lacked, 2010 made up for it in spades.
- Mike started a job in January, (Thank God!)
- Finances slowly starting to come around again
- Went on vacation on a Disney cruise where a stingray tried to eat my finger!!!
- Erected our gazebo in the back yard
- Erected the fence so Gimli could play outside
- Saw Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper!!
- Saw Young Frankenstein - the play
- Took Gimli to the Arboretum where we saw a coyote
- Got to play my inner model by posing for an awesome photographer, Danny Yam!
- Went to Chicago to see The Jim Henson Exhibit
- Started this Blog - something I've been wanting to do for a long time
- Went to the Pirate Festival with Zombieman where we won a raffle to stay at a haunted hotel - heading there in the Spring
- Went to Oktoberfest
- Saw Rammstein!!!
- Turned 30
- Made Christmas dinner with all the fixins twice!
As 2011 begins, I have a list of things that I'd like to accomplish in 2011. Who knows if I'll get to them all, but at least its a start.
Lastly, a few pictures of what was 2010.