About Us

Sunday, March 25, 2012

How to be clueless

Yesterday, Gimli and participated in the 2nd annual Dog Jog held by the local University.  There's a separate post coming on it, so I won't go into detail here.

After the actual jogging/walking, Gimli and I were milling around just taking a rest and meeting new friends.

At one point, this lady with a Beagle came over and we got to know each other, well, the Beagle was off sniffing at something and Gimli was more interested in the lady, but you get my drift.  Both Gimli and the Beagle are leashed.  At the same time, this other lady with a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever came over to us.

Let me set the scene, the Beagle is about 3 feet away from it's handler sniffing at a tree.  Gimli is about 3 feet away from me, getting to know the Beagle's handler.  The Duck Tolling Retriever's handler proceeds to strike up a conversation with the beagle's handler about Pembroke Welsh Corgis.

*record scratch*

Clearly she did not see the bright red leash attached to Gimli that led back to my hand.  She only clued in when the Beagle's handler gave her a, "W.T.F. would I know about Corgis, I have a Beagle!" look.

Then when Gimli wiggled over to me, did she turn to me and ask if Gimli was a Corgi.

Some people, I swear, how do they make it through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment