About Us

Monday, June 25, 2012

Corgis make the best sleeping buddies

Do forgive my absence in the past little while, it's been, well, very busy.  I'm going to try to post as many of the swirling blog posts in my head here over this week before I forget them all.

So, without further ado...

A couple weekends ago, Mike went out with the guys to celebrate the ending of one of our good friend's singlehood.  Mike spent most of Saturday and some of Sunday morning with the guys.  This good friend was married this past weekend, we'll get to that later on in the week... hopefully...

Anyway, Mike's absence left Gimli and I to frolic around the house unfettered without Mike frowning upon my showers of affection and general spoilage of a certain corgi.

On that Saturday, I drove Mike to our friend's house so he could carpool to Downtown Toronto and when I returned home, I went shopping!  I picked up a new pair of black pumps, clips for my hair, a Germany soccer t-shirt and two patio chairs that I had to "Tetris" into the back of the Venza only to "Tetris" them incorrectly so that I couldn't see out the rear view mirror.  Thankfully I was not pulled over and made it home safely.  In addition, I decided to paint the front bathroom and have Popeye's chicken for dinner.  Mike doesn't like Popeye's chicken, his tastebuds are clearly out of whack!

However, the highlight of the weekend was Gimli.  Because Mike was absent, Gimli decided to take on the role of "Protector of Candy", which was fine for me.  All while I painted, Gimli was never far away.  He also wasn't far away when my Popeye's Cajun fries fell on the floor, but I digress.  We played late night fetch and watched "Inglorious Basterds" and he even paused our fetch game to torment and roll on a moth that had found its way into our house.

That night, instead of sleeping in his crate as usual, I let him sleep on the floor in our room.  I got nice and comfy in bed only to hear little feet run over to my side and a little furry head and paws appeared on the bed beside me.




It looked just like this, how can you resist?


I allowed Gimli to sleep on the bed with me that night.  I was very impressed that he didn't jump off the bed, which he is famous for doing - the little bugger.


I must say it is nice waking up to that smile and starting the day with corgi cuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment