About Us

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The post where I see the movie Brave and think about corgis at the same time.

This is how you know you have corgi on the brain...

Mike and I just saw the new Disney/Pixar movie, Brave.

I enjoyed it, especially they took a chance at a heroine main character, Merida, that actually does most of the "heavy lifting" instead of sitting around waiting for a prince to come along and whisk her away to a castle.  I also enjoyed the fact that Merida's three little brothers did not become the main focus of the movie as you often see in television shows and movies when there's a toddler running around.  All of a sudden the focus shifts to cute and predictable sight gags just to get an "awww" out of child loving members of the audience.  In this movie, they don't do that and it's great!

Oh and one more Disney tidbit, I saw the Pizza Planet truck!  For those that are unaware, the Pizza Planet truck has been in every Pixar movie except for The Incredibles.

I think I found a new favorite Disney Princess to join the ranks of Mulan & Tiana!  I must get a pin the next time we visit Disney property.

Disclaimer: I don't consider the following spoilers, but you might so consider yourself warned.





Throughout the movie, I found myself dwelling on the following:

- If our next corgi is a girl and a red and white Pembroke, I'm going to name her Merida.

- The bear that walks around on hind legs is totally what a corgi would look like if it could walk on hind legs.

- The 3 little bears are the right size for a corgi and wouldn't it be great to have 3 corgis standing/sitting in a row?

- When Angus the horse rolls around on his back, that's totally corgi behavior.

- I kept looking at the bear's ears and how much they reminded me of a corgi's expressive ears, especially when they moved up, down and off to the side.

It's official, I've gone corgi crazy.  You can call me the crazy corgi lady now.

No comments:

Post a Comment