About Us

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Companion

One of the benefits of working from home, besides the fact I don't have a huge commute and can sleep in til 7 am is that I spend all of my time with Gimli.



Most days, he's off doing his own thing - arguing with toys, barking at monsters coming to kill us wearing costumes of children and the neighbors nothing, dozing and protecting my feet under the desk while there's a thunderstorm.

In the past couple months, I put his dog bed to the window so he can at least be comfy while he survey's his domain or naps.



This afternoon, he came upstairs where I promptly grabbed him for a snuggle.  He had been laying in the sun and his head, ears and neck were so nice and warm that I had to squeeze hold him close to savor the warmth and softness.  We reclined on the carpet and made growly faces to each other and, despite his protests, he let me kiss him all over his soft head and ears.  He became so very relaxed he didn't want to leave my side.

I'm so very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment