About Us

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Faster and faster

I work from home. I'm not a stay at home mom because that's a whole different type of work, but I work for a large organization providing product support and I'm fortunate to be able to work from home. I spend contiguous 8 hour days in our office sitting in front of two 'work' machines on the left side of the desk and my personal machine on the right side of the desk. Gimli sometimes joins me and sits or sleeps under the desk or in various places around the office, hallway or downstairs when he's really bored.

We don't have ac in our house yet and the office faces the sun so come the afternoon, the office heats up quite quickly. In the morning, however, its quite cool and the air combined with the ceiling fan creates a lovely breeze. This morning, I felt the room was a little too cool for my taste and I turned off the fan. (Note, I become very hot and very cold very fast.)

Around 10 am or so, I chanced to look up at the fan and it was slowly spinning from the breeze coming in from the windows. Immediately, I had the thought,

What if the ceiling fan was possessed and started to spin faster and faster and it disengaged and took off my head? I would be dead and my blood would leave a nasty stain on the carpet. Gimli would be none the wiser since he rarely pays me any attention unless I have food/toy or leash in my hand.


Then I snapped out of it and went back to work. I figured I should be productive instead of wondering 'what ifs'.

No comments:

Post a Comment